Sunday, February 2, 2014

Are you too sleepy to pray? (part 1 of 4)





SUNDAY MESSAGE
Theme: Enter God’s
Rest: Time for “R & R”
Release and
Renewal/Restoration

Are you too sleepy to pray? (part 1 of 4)
~Gethsemane – when you are in the press~
Aurora Church of God – August 4, 2013


February 2, 2014

But when the kindness and love of God our
Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of
righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us
through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit,
whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our
Savior (Titus 3:4-6 NIV)

Matthew 26:36-46 ~ 36 Then Jesus went with his disciples to a place called Gethsemane, and he said to
them, “Sit here while I go over there and pray.” 37 He
took Peter and the two sons of
Zebedee along
with him, and he began to be sorrowful and troubled38 Then
he said to them, “My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of
death. Stay here and keep watch with me.” 39 Going a little farther, he fell with his
face to the ground and prayed
, “My Father, if it is possible, may this
cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will.”
40 Then he returned to his
disciples and found them sleeping.
 “Couldn’t you men keep watch with me for one
hour?” he asked Peter. 41 “Watch and pray so
that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the
flesh is weak.”
42 He went away a second time and prayed, “My Father, if it
is not possible for this cup to be taken away unless I drink it, may your will
be done.” 43 When
he came back, he again found them sleeping, because their eyes were heavy
44 So
he left them and went away once more and prayed the third time, saying the same
thing.


45 Then he returned to the disciples and said to them, “Are you still sleeping and resting?
Look, the hour has come, and the Son of Man is delivered into the hands of
sinners. 46 Rise! Let us go! Here comes my
betrayer!”

No comments:

Post a Comment