Wednesday, February 19, 2014

David: Release from the hand of the giant (part 3 of 4)


Theme: Enter God’s Rest: Time for “R & R”
Release and Renewal/Restoration


WEDNESDAY’S WORD

February 19, 2014

David: Release from the hand of the giant (part 3 of 4)
~Release comes when you are ready to stand against the enemy~

Psalm 25:15 NIV ~ My eyes are ever on the Lord,
for only he will release my feet from the snare.

1 Samuel
17:32-40 32 
“Don’t worry about this Philistine,” David told Saul. “I’ll
go fight him!” 
33 “Don’t be ridiculous!” Saul replied. “There’s no way you can
fight this Philistine and possibly win! You’re only a boy, and he’s been a man
of war since his youth.” 
34 But David persisted. “I have been taking care of my father’s
sheep and goats,” he said. “When a lion or a bear comes to steal a lamb from
the flock,35 I go after it with a club and rescue the
lamb from its mouth. If the animal turns on me, I catch it by the jaw and club
it to death. 36 I have done this to both lions and
bears, and I’ll do it to this pagan Philistine, too, for he has defied the
armies of the living God! 37  The Lord who
rescued me from the claws of the lion and the bear will rescue me from this
Philistine!” 
Saul finally consented. “All right, go ahead,” he said. “And
may the Lord be with you!” 
38 Then Saul gave David his own armor—a bronze helmet and a coat
of mail.39 David put it on, strapped the sword over it,
and took a step or two to see what it was like, for he had never worn such
things before.  
“I can’t go in these,” he protested to Saul. “I’m not used to
them.” So David took them off again. 
40 He picked
up five smooth stones from a stream and put them into his shepherd’s bag. Then,
armed only with his shepherd’s staff and sling, he started across the valley to
fight the Philistine.

No comments:

Post a Comment