Sunday, February 16, 2014

Are you too sleepy to pray? (Part 3 of 4)



SUNDAY MESSAGE
Theme: Enter God’s
Rest: Time for “R & R”
Release and
Renewal/Restoration

Are you too sleepy to pray? (Part 3 of 4)
~Are you going further in prayer?~


But when the kindness and love of God our
Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of
righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us
through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit,
whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our
Savior (Titus 3:4-6 NIV)

Matthew 26:39-42 ~ 39 Going a little farther, he fell with
his face to the ground and prayed, “My Father, if it is possible, may this
cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will.” 40 Then
he returned to his disciples and found them sleeping. “Couldn’t you men
keep watch with me for one hour?” he asked Peter. 41 “Watch
and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing,
but the flesh is weak.”



















42 He went away a second time and prayed, “My Father, if it
is not possible for this cup to be taken away unless I drink it, may your will
be done.”

No comments:

Post a Comment